Re: [discuss] The return of the GNOME summaries (Please read)

Christian (and all),

Like most projects, we (by "we" i mean OpenOffice.org [OOo]) try and keep
our extended community informed of the most important goings on via our
announce list, announce openoffice org   We announce our new builds, new
projects, etc here.

I'm wondering if someone, perhaps you, being subscribed to this list is
sufficient to keep the Gnome community aware of the high-level happenings
over here.  You could then chose to include OOo announcements of interest
in the weekly Gnome summaries, if that would be appropriate.  For example,
as i hope the Gnome Bonobo community is aware, we have our own bonobo
project going on here [http://whiteboard.openoffice.org/bonobo/index.html]

OOo doesn't currently have anything like the weekly report, though it
would be very useful.  We'd need someone to step up to the plate to do
that, it's just a really, really big plate indeed given that we have over
20 different projects >;-)

Alternately, perhaps if we had a better idea of the kinds of things the
Gnome community would like to know about wrt OOo, we could try and get
appropriate project leads (bonobo, xml, etc?) to email you directly with
announcements.  And each project has it's own announce list, of course, so
perhaps it makes more sense to just have one or two Gnome project people
on the announce lists of relevant OOo projects.

I've long been wondering to what degree and how to keep our respective
communities in sync with eachother.

Hope this is not offtopic,

--goolie

| Adam "goolie" Gould | OpenOffice.org Community Manager|
|  <www.collab.net>   |      <www.openoffice.org>	|