Re: Self Help (1)

On Thu, 2001-08-09 at 11:07:09, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > That's what I'm asking for - don't force people to use your tab setting.
> > Don't say "use 8-space tabs or go away and don't touch GNOME".
>
> Who said such a thing?
>
> You can submit patches, the maintainer will just reformat them to his
> liking.

Before submitting any code I must read existing sources and it's very hard
because tab size != 8 spaces in my editor and you mix tabs with spaces in
indentations.
(You use tabs just to "compress" eight spaces to one character - do you
_really_ think it's an elegant approach? It would be better not to use tabs
at all.)

And no, I'm not going to change my tab setting.

EOT

Zbigniew