Applets

Hi there,

I just started hacking up some applet and wondered what would be the
right way to store the settings (for gnome2). I know I could have a look
in the other applets sources...but I remember that gconf/bonobo-conf
discussion some time ago but missed the final point. AFAI understand for
either way resources are already available, so I could get it up running
with gnome1 and it wouldnt be a mess to port to gnome2. Anyone can give
me a hint where to look?

By the way, I found that some other applets could need some
ui-smoothening (eg the mixer-applet). I would start to polish those a
little bit here and there (as far as I can spend some spare time) and
provide patches. So I would like to know, wether there is alreay working
on it and if there is still some kind of ui-squad, to provide
design-ideas - since I am more a programmer than an ui-genius (i just
feel that some applets do not fit in the since-1.2-panel-design).
Coments anyone?

-Knut