Re: Strange applet behaviour...

On 15 Aug 2001, Michael Rothwell wrote:

> Are you catching destroy and/or delete for the main applet widget in your applet?

Trying to catch the delete_event event has no results.The applet never
receives such an event... (Is this ok?)
The destroy_event event, however is received and proccessed by the applet
but its behaviour is still exactly the same...
I've tried all combinations with these two events' proccessing.I've also
tried changing the callback function's return value from FALSE to TRUE.
No results too.

> I'm having a similar problem with the stock applets.
> Swapload fails to reload, leaving an inert little foot in a black box
> in its place. GnomeICU and Gnome Weather also have this problem. I've
> not diagnosed why.

I haven't tested the stock applet,neither GnomeICU, but i regularly use
swapload and gnome weather without any problems...

So how do you use those applets? Reload them manually every time you log
on?

Maybe we should consider upgrading?

Cyfex