Re: drag and drop saving.

On 28 Aug 2001 10:40:27 -0400, Peter Williams wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
> On Tue, 2001-08-28 at 07:01, Erik Bågfors wrote:
> > One of it feature is drag and drop saving.  This means that in the
> > file-selector you get an icon and a text-field.  You enter a file-name
> > in the text-field and drag the icon to where you want it stored.
>
> One problem with this idea is that if you don't (or can't) use the
> mouse, it effectively prevents you from saving files. Now, if you enable
> DnD saving as well as "regular" saving, as you suggest, this problem is
> avoided. Still, please keep accessibility issues in mind when pondering
> user interface changes.

I agree fully.  However, a small icon added to the fileselector would
mean nothing for people not knowing what to do with it.  Those people
would still save the good old way instead of using dnd.  I don't think
they would be disturbed by it.

I think only more "advanced" people would use dnd-saving but I think
they would like it.

/Erik

--
Erik Bågfors               | erik bagfors nu
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 733 279 273