Re: BonoboPreview initiative - png in a control

On 10Dec2001 05:57PM (+0000), Bill Haneman wrote:
> "Dr. David Gilbert" wrote:
> >
> > On 10 Dec 2001, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> >
> > > the thumbnail idea makes a lot of sense for image files, I agree
> > > completely with you, but what about other kind of files? For instance, I
> > > may want to have a .oaf file preview, which just shows a list of the
> > > components defined in the file, and not the XML itself. How would I
> > > generate a thumbnail for that?
> >
> > Also I guess thumbnails are insufficient due to accessibility needs.
> >
> > Dave
>
> If by thumbnails one means just .png files, yes.

Do thumbnails in a file open dialog really need to be accessible?
They're just extra info, and you can operate the file dialog just fine
completely ignoring them. Indeed, having a screen reader read
something that describes the file contents instead of just reading the
name would be kind of silly.

 - Maciej