Re: what OS are you guys using?

On Dec 20 12:13, Clancy, Shane W. wrote:

> I am constantly running into problems trying to build gnome/gtk apps because
> the operating systems I have tried are using incredibly old libraries.  I
> have tried developing on Mandrake 8.1 and Red Hat 7.2 and neither has had
> libraries that could be described as current.  Could someone tell me what
> operating system I should be using?

Im using Debian sid (unstable) myself and it keeps me on the cutting edge
of gnome development with great ease. But for you using Red Hat, I found
this link that looks like something that provides more up-to-date packages
for Red Hat in rpms:

ftp://people.redhat.com/hp/gnomehide

Else you could try Ximian gnome.

--