rpm packaging

Hi,

I'm having a little problem with the packaging of my application :
i am trying to generate a RPM from the source tarball.
It works fine except for internationalization because the location
of the gmo files are, somehow, recorded with the absolute path used
during the build of the rpm, i.e. i have in my spec.in :

BuildRoot: /var/tmp/%{name}-%{version}-root
%{prefix}/share/gnome/apps/Applications/gquotes.desktop
%{prefix}/share/locale/*/*/*

I then build my rpm with rpm -ta myapp.tar.gz, and then
install the rpm.
And when running the application i can see with strace,
that the gmo files are searched in /var/tmp/

open("/var/tmp/gquotes-0.2.26-root/usr/share/locale/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/gquotes.mo",
O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

I'm sure someone knows how to correctly build a rpm from a
gnome package. I could not find any discussion related to
that problem.

Thanks.

--
Stéphane Genaud