Re: Panel status dock

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 12:47:09PM +0200, Tomas Junnonen wrote:
> I use the GNOME panel's status dock in my program. Is there
> any way to query the panel on the status of the dock and
> maybe load it up if my app is the first one to use it?
>
> Unfortunately the dock is not a standard applet that can be
> started with a simple console command.

Unfortunately no.  And unfortunately we are now frozen for 1.4.  Anyway,
automatically adding applets may not be the best interface anyway.
The status dock is in the default panel setup though.

I think perhaps you should tell the user about it the first time your app
starts or something like that, if the use of the status dock is important.

Another thing is that the status dock will be used a lot if there are a lot
of applications using it.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>