Re: GAL, glade and libglade

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 02:05:28PM +0000, Lee Mallabone wrote:
> >It would certainly be nice. If someone actually took on the task of a)
> >converting all existing GtkArg to the GObject equivalent, so they have
> >docs and change notification and b) ensuring all set/get functions are
> >also exported as properties, for both GTK and gnome-libs, they would
> >be godlike heroes of GNOME. ;-)
>
> Would I be right in thinking that a *lot* of gtk+/gnome widgets don't
> even export their properties via GtkArg though?

The stable branch of gnome-libs has almost no GtkArg support.  In HEAD we use
GParam quite a bit already, though probably still far from optimal.

One of the problems is also widgets not designed around the idea of a beast
like GParam/GtkArg, and thus the arguments being a bit strange at times to
overcome design issues.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.