Re: patch for gnome-libs/libgnome (include of gnome-defs.h in files using BEGIN_GNOME_DECLS)

On 27 Feb 2001 17:43:03 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Gediminas Paulauskas <menesis delfi lt> writes:
> >
> > so, the patch is good, and does very useful thing -- if you need only
> > gnome-i18n.h, include it, and do not worry about gnome-defs.h. IMHO it
> > must be applied, because it doesn't break anything, but fixes annoying
> > problem.
> >

> The problem with the patch is the usual one with this kind of fix, if
> someone only tests their app compilation with gnome-libs most recent,
> they will end up forcing all their users to upgrade gnome-libs to
> compile the app. (And the error message on failure to compile will be
> obscure.)
>
> Havoc

Yes I thought of that as a big problem too. Perhaps it should be left as
is for now and fixed in the gnome-libs for GNOME 2.0? I noticed that it
had been fixed in some of the files in gnome-libs HEAD. Should I send a
patch fixing
up the rest of the files in HEAD?

Regards,
Mikael Hallendal