Re: Gnome and Color Hogging

One thing you could try is to write a program that allocates 200 colours (say)
in the default colourmap on startup, and then either goes away later,
or saves the pixel values into a propertry on the root window,
so that your program can read the info.  This is what the Open Look
OpenWindows startup does (I don't know about CDE) on Solaris, as I recall.

There may be better ways, though.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam holoweb net - http://www.holoweb.net/