Re: [Re: [Re: Let's not use ... args]]

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote:
> Yes, varargs do not wrap, because they are a convenience API for
> C. You would normally either wrap the lower-level functionality
> (e.g. gnome_dialog_add_button()) or write your own convenience API
> appropriate for your language.

So I could mofify my request to 'Let's not use .. args, unless it's just a
convenience function'. But I don't think that it's every clear when a function
is just a convenience function, so that might not be workable. I would just
like people to be aware of the difficulties that this C-specific idea creates
and to avoid it where possible.

> Actually _new() functions don't wrap anyway, so the varargs are hardly
> mattering in that particular case. ;-)

I know, I just didn't take the time to find a better example, and there's no
gnome_message_box_construct in the 1.2 GNOME so that confuses things.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com