Re: Patch for panel bugs 51201 and 52703

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 01:37:23PM -0500, Dave Dribin wrote:
> Now, this is where someone with more knowledge than I can help out. :)
> Is this just a silly hack around a bug in gnome_win_hints_set_hints()
> (or XFree86)?  Or is this a possible fix for basep_widget calling
> gnome_win_hints_set_hints() at the wrong time during init?

OK, without testing this hypothesis, I think the following happens:

The gnome-winhints code sets the property because the window is unmapped,
and I suppose the window manager is already not listening there but is
listening for the send events.

I've applied your hack (and will commit soon) however and will look at this
problem in more detail later.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.