Re: Building on Solaris 7 - gettext/iconv warnings.

Drazen Kacar wrote:

> Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Drazen Kacar wrote:
>
> > > What's the output of "ldd /home/mcumming/bin/msgfmt"?
> >
> > popeye:~/downloads/orbitcpp-0.30.1> ldd /home/mcumming/bin/msgfmt
> >
> >         libintl.so.1 =>  /home/mcumming/lib/libintl.so.1
> >
> >         libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
> >
> >         libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
> >
> >         /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-5_10/lib/libc_psr.so.1
> >
> > I guess that means that it's not using libiconv, but I don't know
> > why.
>
> I haven't built GNU gettext with GNU libiconv,

Have you seen these warnings then? Were you able to build the latest
gnome-vfs?

> so I can't help you very
> much with that. I suppose you can do one of the following:
>
> a) reread GNU gettext installation instructions and try to build it again
>    with GNU libiconv

There's a --with-libiconv-prefix configure arg that's mentioned in the
generic INSTALL file, but it doesn't make any difference. Unfortunately
this is now preventing me from building gnome-vfs, which fails with an
invalid format error from msgfmt.

> b) create a couple of thousands symlinks in order to make Sun's iconv
>    somewhat usable. I can give you a script for this, but I'm not sure
>    this option is better than the first one.

That sounds unncessarily unpleasant.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com