Re: Heated agreement? (was) Re: Canvas shortcomings

Nathan Hurst <njh hawthorn csse monash edu au> writes:
> My point: I don't see what value there is in building complex systems such
> as bonobo on top of something as primative (wrt current technology and
> needs) as plain X.

That doesn't even make any sense - Bonobo is completely
not-GUI-related. Even the Bonobo controls interfaces (the GUI stuff
built on top of Bonobo proper) have only one or two API entry points
that assume anything about X.

> njh, another person close to dumping Gnome in favour of KDE.

Please use whichever one meets your needs best. You aren't doing us
any favors by using GNOME out of charity or something.

Havoc