Keybinding and menu

Hi,
I encounter a little problem using the nice feature of autoaffecting
keybinding for a menu item.
I have an application that use the standard Open file, with an underline
on the O (for a shortcut when the menu is down).
I want to set a keybinding to O  (like open).
So I click on the menu file, and point the item Open file, and
when I press the key O, Gnome launch the function, because there is
a shortcut on this item.
Is there a way to overcome this very little problem ?
--
Florent DEVIN, 33 (0)3 20 43 47 30, Fax (33) (0)3 20 43 65 66 (Fax LIFL)
LIFL, Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de LILLE