Re: gnome-libs and DB3

James Henstridge wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Matthew Schalit wrote:
> > Ok.  Apparently they released a new version since I built mine in February.
> > Let's give that one a try right now....
> >
> > Ok.  I tried 3.2.9 and I can get it to ouput a __db185_open like you mentioned.
> >
> > Given that fact, it appears that it would pass the current gnome-libs configure
> > conftest.  I don't know whether it would work in practice though, because, as
> > I mentioned, any version above 2.7.7 breaks db185 compatability due to the removal
> > of functions like dbopen().
> It removes those functions, but adds defines that map the 1.85 API to
> different symbol names.  This means that you can link 1.85 and 3 to the
> same app if you wanted.  It also means that configure tests that don't
> include the correct header won't find the symbols:
> I don't think this bug has been fixed yet.
> James

Thanks for the heads-up, too.

I knew I was facing this problem in more than one
application, but I forgot where.  It was easiest for
me to use 2.7.7 and get on with determining whether I
could even run Gnome (I can't) much less worry about
getting various configures to find -ldb-3.

Take it easy,

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]