Re: report on [bad] status of i18n of gnome apps - somebody should explicitly care about it

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Dinesh Nadarajah wrote:

> So what does this mean for translators? Are we better off waiting for Gnome
> v 3.0 when most of the support will be available to begin translation.

 I think every translator should test the app they are going to translate
under the locale they are going to localize it to in order to decide, whether
the app is useful or even functional under that locale.. Unless gnome had a
dedicated i18n hacker.. Majority of "i18n-fragile" apps work fully only under
latin1 locales..