Re: Opening the Main Menu from an applet

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 12:45:07PM -0300, Daniel F Moisset wrote:
> Is there any way to open the GNOME main menu from an applet. I've looked
> in the libraries and couldn't find one.
>
> I'm trying to write an applet that opens the menu but does some other
> stuff...

Well, if you just want the panel to run the main menu just like when when the
user pressed the main menu keybinding you can in 1.4 get the "Panel2" interface
and use the main_menu method.  However that doesn't give you any flexibility
with the menu, all it says "show menu now".

I'm not sure this would be appropriate for what you're writing though.

Otherwise, no it's not really possible other then the above.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a conclusion.