Re: patch for select in zvt

Hello (MfG?) (bmg?),

M G Berberich wrote:	[Tue May  8 2001,  1:24:38PM EDT]
> The word-select in zvt always annoyed me,

Thank you!  I would encourage the Gnome developers to accept your patch,
because this is something that has always bothered me also!

I was wondering if you would be interested in making another
modification to the zvt selection code while you're familiar with it.  I
have always liked xterm's cutToBeginningOfLine feature.  See the xterm
man-page if you are unfamiliar with it.

Basically it provides an easy way to grab everything starting from a
specific word to the end of the line.  If you triple click on a word,
the selection will extend from that word to the end of the line.  If you
triple click on whitespace at the end of the line, then the entire line
will be selected.

Would you be interested in implementing this?  I would be interested in
the patch, and in seeing it integrated into Gnome proper.

Thanks,
Aron