Re: gnome-terminal and --use-factory

[...]

>> In fact only "gnome-terminal --use-factory" work. If you use and additional
>> command line argument (like -e), the factory doesn't work.

jb> this is actually the desired behaviour.  the only bug is that it
jb> silently turns off --use-factory, when it should really abort and say
jb> you can't use --use-factory with the other flags.

jb> i forget the exact problems (it was over a year ago that we added this).
jb> two problems i remember are getting session management and environment
jb> variables (since it doesn't proxy these over to the main terminal
jb> process) right.

Thanks Jacob for your explanation.

Christian