Re: redhat patch for i18n of gnome-terminal

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 10:49:15AM +0000, Kang Jeong-Hee wrote:
> in redhat dist, gnome-terminal support i18n: xim and multi-charset
> option.  but in ximian, nope.  why ximian(and may gnome original)
> doesn't accept redhat's patch as default code?

Havoc has mentioned previously that the Red Hat patches are basically
hacks to make things sort of work and he didn't think they were the
ultimate right solution (Havoc: sorry if I'm putting incorrect words in
your mouth).

So I think the patches were once offered up as a "here's one way, but
there should be something better" and with the normal amount of apathy
regarding gnome-terminal, nobody has done anything better yet.

That is a far from satisfactory answer, I know, but that's the
situation.

Malcolm

--
Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.