Re: redhat patch for i18n of gnome-terminal

Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm commsecure com au> writes:
> Havoc has mentioned previously that the Red Hat patches are basically
> hacks to make things sort of work and he didn't think they were the
> ultimate right solution (Havoc: sorry if I'm putting incorrect words in
> your mouth).
>
> So I think the patches were once offered up as a "here's one way, but
> there should be something better" and with the normal amount of apathy
> regarding gnome-terminal, nobody has done anything better yet.
>
> That is a far from satisfactory answer, I know, but that's the
> situation.

Personally, I would go ahead and put in the mb patches (as bad as they
are), for the same reason we put them in Red Hat - working is better
than broken, no matter how ugly.

But, there isn't anyone who maintains Zvt who has looked at this and
made a decision.

We are going to have to figure out how to port the patch to libzvt
HEAD also, joy.

Havoc