From: jgotts linuxsavvy com
To: Riswick, J.G.A. van
Sent: 10-4-2002 5:59
Subject: Re: [wish list request]

Yuck!

I've used CDE on and off for a long time and I think its panel is
absolutely
horrid.  It's just too hard to figure out which applications go with
which
icons, and worse, the association tends to change with successive
versions of
Solaris.  (I also faintly recall this using a CDE-like environment on an
HP-UX
box a long time ago.)

The GNOME panel, KDE panel, and Windows 95 Start menu are far superior.

John