Re: vt.c small patch

> That sounds like a good idea. You'll be the first person to really
> work on zvt in years. ;-) Why not work on the gnome 2 version? Are you
> still unable to compile it? I don't think many people are going to
oh no I have just yesterday compiled your profterm ;-)
but I'm still developing MultiGnomeTerminal (MGT),
my idea is to finish the work on MGT and then to switch fully to Gnome
2, anyway I can actually apply all my patches
to zvt widget.
I also remind you that I have write access
to GNOME repository though I prefer still to submit patches
to you and give you the possibility to check them in

> ship gnome 1.4 again. Most patches probably apply to both versions,
> though, so working on 1.4 is still useful. You probably want to have a
> look at the "libzvt" bugs in bugzilla, as well, to see things that
> need doing.
Debian Woody maybe still use Gnome 1.4 so I think it's useful
to offer with Gnome 1.4 a multi tabbed terminal, do you agree?
In any case I could apply all patches related to zvt
to both gnome versions (1.4 and 2.0), of course.

> There's also a "vte" module in CVS that's a different terminal widget
> Nalin is working on.  Zvt will definitely be used for gnome 2, vte is
> in the gtkhtml2/metacity/etc. category, it's sort of an experiment. I
> have no idea if we'll ever use it, but I want you to know about it in
> case you're interested.  IMO it's interesting due to Unicode support,
> Xft, and some other random stuff.
zvt has multibyte support too, isn't it?
but what's Xft?

					cheers Cristiano
--
  Cristiano De Michele,