Re: Printing...

Hello,

Am Friday, den 26. April 2002 23:48:11 schrieb Cristiano De Michele:

> On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 22:27, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > > ...or I could use standard unix 'lpr' for example or more
> > > generally a custom command one can set through zvt
> > > extended API: what's your opinion about?
> > > xterm implements printing this way...
> >
> > Yeah, the gnome way should be to be able to send this information to at
> > least something configurable.  So some hook mechanism between zvt and
> > the Gui needs to be in somewhere.
> >
> > Miguel.
>
> I think that putting among terminal preferences widgets somewhere a text
> box for the printing commands it's
> quite feasible.
> In fact about terminal
> we need only to print the text inside it so it could
> be enough for example a command like a2ps which
> is quite common, do you agree?

Hint:

We have to think about different character sets, to get the printout
correct. p.e.: since the Euro became a physical currency lots of
people changed from iso-8859-1 to iso-8859-15 and of course wants to
see an Euro-symbol instead of Currency-symbol.

	MfG
	bmg

--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic fmi uni-passau de