Re: Opinion on Gnome 2.0

> Ah.  There *is* a gnome control center application/shell, still, try
>
> gnome-control-center --use-shell
>
> That shell is kinda cruddy tho.  The Nautilus view is much nicer.

the problem with this, is that the applications appear all together...
the RedHat beta has metacity by default, and you have, for exemple, the
'Window Appearance' icon.. but that only works for sawfish, so if the
user doesn't know about this "details" he will assume that gnome has
problems, because no message is shown.. it just stays there.. At least
on the old gnome control center we would see this icon under ' Sawfish
Options ', or something like that..

Afonso