Re: writing help files for gnome 2.0 programs

lör 2002-08-24 klockan 05.53 skrev Allin Cottrell:
> On 24 Aug 2002, Mikael Hallendal wrote:

> > > * How is one supposed to deal with features such as "admon
> > > graphics"? I have these in my xml, and the graphics are not found.
> >
> > I'm not sure what "admon graphics" is?
>
> The graphics accompanying "admonitions" (tips, warnings and so on).
> Actually, after updating a few things these are now appearing OK -- I
> don't know what specific change made the difference.

OK, yes, these are shipped with the docbook->html stylesheets, which in
turn is currently shipped with Yelp.

> I'm not sure what "correctly setup" means here.  My document is a
> valid docbook "book" instance (it's quite long and complex).  It has a
> TOC alright, but this is not appearing in a left pane: it's all in one
> pane.

By "correctly setup" I meant "correctly setup ScrollKeeper".

I noticed that I had to change a few tags in my docbook file to actually
get it to show up in the TOC. You can take a look at
mrproject/docs/user-guide/C/mrproject.xml to see how it looks.

I also found this document helpful.
http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/docbook.html

It specifies that

* Top level node ("article" or "book") needs to have the id-attribute

* All sections needs to have an id-attribute.

I'm not sure if this is fixed but previously there was a bug in our
stylesheets making it break if you used "book" as top level node.

> > Hmm.. why shouldn't you add the .png to the end of filerefs?
>
> Because the .png extension on the graphics is specific to certain
> output formats.  My xml is also used to generate a MS-style .chm
> document, and in that case the extension is .gif.  For making
> postscript the extension is .eps.  Xml is a general specification of
> the content of the document; the stylesheets for specific output
> formats should add the information about what sort of graphics to look
> for.

OK, then I'd guess this is a bug in our stylesheets. Could you please
file a bug on product "Yelp" component "stylesheets" about this.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/