Re: gnome-autogen.sh

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 15:04, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> I checked gnome-autogen.sh, and it seems there is no real way to somehow
> enforce minimal versions of autotools.  I'd like to be able to fail on
> using automake < 1.5

	I think what with the pandemic autotools brokenness it'd be valuable to
be able to specify a precise version of automake and not much else ;-)
can it do that already ?

	But - the idea of having someone maintain gnome-autogen.sh is great. My
feature request would be to iterate over ACLOCAL_FLAGS / prefix etc. and
ensure that $(datadir)/aclocal actually exists before we run aclocal -
otherwise it gets in a right state, and that'd confuse pretty much any
new builder I guess.

	:-)

		Michael.