Re: jhbuild error

> On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 02:46:57PM +0530, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me how to fix this (happens when I run jhbuild):
> >
> >   File "/opt/gnome/src/jhbuild/jhbuild.py", line 142
> >     module_list = [ module_set.modules[modname] for modname in args ]
> >
> > This is fresh checkout of jhbuild from CVS.
>
> That is not the full error message it gives you (for example, the last
> line will be the type of exception thrown and maybe an explanatory
> string). Can you post the full error message, please?
There si just a 'syntax error' line after this:
--------------------
  File "/opt/gnome/src/jhbuild/jhbuild.py", line 142
    module_list = [ module_set.modules[modname] for modname in args ]
                                                  ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
---------------------

> Also, better mention what platform you are using and which version of
> Python.
RH 7.3 Python version 1.5.2. But I've tried with python2 and python2.2.
They just give errors at different places. With python2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/gnome/src/jhbuild/jhbuild.py", line 22, in ?
    import module
  File "/opt/gnome/src/jhbuild/module.py", line 52, in ?
    class CVSModule(Package):
  File "/opt/gnome/src/jhbuild/module.py", line 84, in CVSModule
    def do_checkout(self, buildscript, force_checkout=False):
NameError: name 'False' is not defined

With python2.2, it's the same as python2.

Rgds,
Biswa.