Re: Developing and Testing panel applets

Hi Paulo,

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 13:57, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> I'm playing around with panel applets
> but for testing purposes I would like
> to avoid putting the applet configuration
> in /lib/* (sorry can't remember the
> remaing path).
>
> Can't I put them in the home dir as it
> was usual with .desktop files in Gnome 1.X ?

	Sure - assuming the applet configuration file is a .server file, you
can export BONOBO_ACTIVATION_PATH=/home/foo/baa/myservers - but you'll
need to re-start bonobo-activation-server from that shell to get that
env. var.

	Why that would be useful to you I don't know; is this a shlib applet ?
if not - the best way to debug it is to install the .server file into
the system; and then just run the applet from the command line [ it
should fail if one is already running ].

	HTH,

		Michael.