GnomeCanvasPixbuf

Hi,

I am writing a simple drawing application, to teach myself GTK2 and satisfy a personal itch, and I am currently using a GtkDrawingArea with a GdkPixbuf displayed upon it.

Having taken a look at the GnomeCanvas API, it looks like it might be a little more convenient for things like scaling. However, I cannot find any good examples of displaying a GdkPixbuf on a GnomeCanvas using GnomeCanvasPixbuf. I cannot see any tutorials either.

Is there a project you know of out there that does this (using GTK2). Once I look at some code I should understand how it all hangs together, but the API on its own is confusing.

Best regards,

Chris.

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf