RE: Developing and Testing panel applets

> panel interactivity.  This is of course only used if your application
> needs some visibility on the panel and is not a good option for
> applications that run only in the panel.
Well, this is really different story. Your've got fairly independent
application which just want to be 'presented' in the gnome-panel so the
strategy can be completely different. I probably would be real extremist to
support the idea of shlib here (especially taking the inability to switch
the build process flexible between shlib and app).

Sergey