libiconv problems

Lo,

See the attachment: Using the vicious build scripts, gnome-head, while
compiling pango.

I have a very recent glibc (2.2.5). I can compile gnome-xml fine. This
detects that my glibc has in fact a built-in iconv().

I've been grepping the pango directories for references to libiconv.la.
Didn't find them.

Same thing when starting to search from the /gnome/head directory. I'm
really clueless where the libiconv.la comes from, or which tool inserts
the libiconv.la in the link process.

Anyone clues? Search tips?

Bye.

--
Ecuación algebraico sin solución posible,
a menos de poseer profundos conocimientos