Re: GNOME, .Net and Mono

On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 17:40, Josh Steiner wrote:
> Before this degenerates into a flamewar, do you understand that Mono will
> make it much much simpler for people to develop Gnome applications in the
> language of their choice?  And before we start fretting about Ximian
> "pushing" anything on us, why don't we wait to see how they behave,
> especially considering the quality of their track record so far.

I learned C specifically to write Gnome apps. I've been writing in 4GL
languages singe my career began. I'm not stupid or uneducated, I'm young
and that's just what people were willing to pay for when my career
started. That being said, I would be able to contribute a whole hell of
alot more code if I could do so in C#, VB, or Java.

-ryan

--
"...visit a dog show. Or a gathering of people who believe they have
been abducted by aliens in UFOs. People are demonstrably insane when

www.ryanmarsh.com