Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.

> 	The CIL has one feature not found in Java though: it is
>     byte code representation that is powerful enough to be used as a
>     target for many languages: from C++, C, Fortran and Eiffel to Lisp
>     and Haskell including things like Java, C#, JavaScript and Visual
>     Basic in the mix.
I do not know about _all_ these languages. But there is a lot of
implementations of different languages based on JVM:
http://flp.cs.tu-berlin.de/~tolk/vmlanguages.html.
How can you claim Java bytecode is not "powerful enough"?
It is just not true.
Not that I promote Java here, just don't want people to be misinformed.

Also, in the statement there are few if any comments regarding
SOAP/GNOME perspective. Will SOAP eventually replace CORBA/IIOP?

Cheers,

Sergey