Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.

> Why would that happen? Even if Mono uses the X license, the X
> license is so open that, among other things, it allows you to
> relicense everything under the GPL if you want to -- doesn't it?

That is very dangerous. The X license contains no patent grant information
Ximian could put patented material into that code and then sue you when
you used it. This is why for example the BSD licensed Intel code for
kernel stuff has a patent grant with it

Now I trust Miguel not to do that, but what if the VC folks take over ?