Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 02:09, Gérard Milmeister wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 07:06, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> You forgot about the change of license. I think a lot of
> people are concerned about GNOME's license being changed
> from GPL, if that would be the case.

Why would that happen? Even if Mono uses the X license, the X
license is so open that, among other things, it allows you to
relicense everything under the GPL if you want to -- doesn't it?
And there's no reason you can't write GPLed code against an X-
licensed library, or even a proprietary one if that proprietary
one is an operating system standard library. Or am I missing
something?