Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.

That can't happen.  Period.  You'd have to rewrite the code from
scratch; you'd never get the agreement from all the contributers.

I started switching a project of mine from the overly restrictive GPL to
the BSD license some weeks ago, and am *still* hunting down/rewriting
code from a contributor I can't contact to get relicensing permission
from.

Like I said in another thread; Perl is not GPL, but there are Perl
bindings for GNOME.  This didn't force GNOME to change it's license(s).