Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 11:09:07AM +0100, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 07:06, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> You forgot about the change of license. I think a lot of
> people are concerned about GNOME's license being changed
> from GPL, if that would be the case.

  GNOME is not GPL. All the libraries are available under LGPL
or an even more flexible licence. Some of the apps are GPL'ed
some are under other free licences.
  As far as I can tell from my knowledge of Mono, there haven't
been ever a restriction on the apps one can compile with the compiler.
For the CLI interpreter it was under LGPL, it is now under the MIT
licence, in both case commercial or closed-sources applications using
the CLI were and are still possible (as well as open source or free
software ones).

  The fear seems mostly due to a serious lack of analysis,

Daniel