Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.

On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 16:25, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:
>
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 04:48, Martin Sevior wrote:
> > > A word processor and a presentation program.
> >
> > 	Building good infrastructure is really important for code reuse, code
> > re-use can result in fewer bugs, a more coherent platform, far less
> > duplication of effort etc.
>
> Right. Spend two years building the platform and in the meantime KOffice
> eats our lunch....

yes, that's true. In fact, the gnome-office mailing list and the
#gnome-office IRC channel seem to be almost dead. It would be really
great, now that we have Bonobo, and that nice plugin architecture in
abiword you say, if we really started to make GO applications work
together.

The only cooperation I know of is the GDA plugin in gnumeric (which lets
you insert data from a database in a gnumeric spreadsheet).

So, what about having some talk on how we can make GO applications
cooperate a bit more? I think we've got all the infrastructure in place
(mature apps like gnumeric 1.0 and abiword, Bonobo, etc), so we only
need to do the hooks between the different applications.

cheers