Re: remove gnome-cd (and cddb-slave) from gnome-media

On 21 Feb 2002, iain wrote:

> > In a futile attempt to reduce wasted time of gnome developers
> > I purpose to remove gnome-cd (and cddb-slave) from gnome-media.
> >
> > Does anybody use gnome-cd on a regular basis? Yeah, we all started
> > it once, played a little with it, then returned to xmms (which uses
> > gtk too).
> >
> > Is there any reason for keeping it while there are better alternatives
> > and open bugs on nautilus/evolution?
>
> What a good idea.
> Consider it done.

Who what where?

Are you joking or did a largish piece of multimedia capability from
gnome2, using as a replacement an app that is not in gnome2 and not ported
to gtk2 (last I checked)? We can't just go and do such large changes out
of the blue, especially after the beta.

If you don't want to/can't maintain it we need to solve that problem, but
I don't think it just dissapearing into thin air at this point is
reasonable...

> iain
> --
> "All men of conscience or prudence ply to windward, to maintain their
> wars to be defensive." -- Roger Williams

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding