Re: remove gnome-cd (and cddb-slave) from gnome-media

On Jo, 2002-02-21 at 15:50, Sander Vesik wrote:
> Are you joking or did a largish piece of multimedia capability from
> gnome2, using as a replacement an app that is not in gnome2 and not ported
> to gtk2 (last I checked)? We can't just go and do such large changes out
> of the blue, especially after the beta.
yes, might not be the time to make this change now (but it's about
removing a small app, not adding one or splitting gnome-core...)

About xmms/grip not ported to gtk2, there are many important
applications not ported to gtk2. Having gtk1.2 still installed too
is quite recommended. This is not a reason to keep gnome-cd.

About xmms/grip not being in gnome2, you can't have every useful
application out there in gnome2. Guess what, distributions include
other software which isn't part of gnome (surprise, surprise)

> If you don't want to/can't maintain it we need to solve that problem
by taking other developer's time with it? Microsoft has the resources
to be involved everywhere, but gnu/linux developers in general, gnome
in particular, are scarce and they need to manage things with a
priority.

--
You don't have to go to jail for helping your neighbour
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/