Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 05:30:24PM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> In terms of pure feature count OpenCalc is still ahead in that they
> have support for several power user features (pivot tables, change
> logs).  However, Gnumeric development is sprinting along.  For basic
> use Gnumeric is smaller, faster, and more stable.

I can second the "fast" part: after upgrading to the latest Ximian
packages today I thought I'd give gnumeric 1.0 a spin, and was blown away
by the (lack of) time it took to start up, and do everything I asked.  It
was real "blink and miss it" stuff.

If only the rest of GNOME were so snappy :)

- Dick