Re: Word attachment...on linuxtoday

On 17 Jan 2002, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 08:46, Joe Shaw wrote:
> > [ Apologies, I haven't been reading the whole thread... -j ]

> > > 	No - read the source; check the module out from CVS, and hack wildly at
> > > it; if you want a library - make it a library; quite why you'd want to
> > > make it a library I know not. Mostly people dislike dependencies in
> > > libraries, and sodipodi is a relatively sane project that doesn't
> > > re-invent the wheel (badly) before achieving it's goals, and thus has a
> > > number of Gnome dependencies.
> >
> > There also exists the librsvg library, which is used by Nautilus, which
> > takes SVG files/descriptions and renders them into GdkPixbufs, so that
> > might be more up your alley if you're looking for a library.
>
> I looked at librsvg before, but as I understand it, it renders an SVG
> document into a static pixmap image.  So it is insufficient because I
> need something dynamic.  (That I can do animations with.)

But you could re-render the frames into "back" buffers and only copy the
changed bits (think of a quadtree of depth n) to the front one? you would
be trading local mmemory speed (and processing power) for remote
display/grphics memory spped.

> See ya
>
>      Charles Iliya Krempeaux
>      tnt @ linux.ca
>      ckrempea @ alumni.sfu.ca

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding