gnome startup splash

Hi all

I am still working on next GNOME 1 (sorry not 2 yet) version of
GSwitchIt and found one nasty thing in gnome core. I want my capplet to
be run on startup (using gnome-session, before WM) and I managed to do
it. The only problem I've got is the icon which appears on the splash
screen - it is just general gnome footprint. After some looking around,
I found the file in gnome-core - gsm/splash.c with _hardcoded_ table
(splash_map_table) of some "standard" startup programs, corresponding
i18nable descriptions and icons. I am really surprised at this point. Is
it the same _hardcoding_ used in GNOME 2? Is there any workaround for
this?

Regards,

Sergey