Re: replacement for gnome-print-pixbuf?

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 11:44:27AM -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> In gnome 1.4 I did this sort of thing:
>
> GdkPixbuf *pbuf;
> pbuf = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file("foo.png", NULL);
>
> <stuff -- set up gnome-print>
>
> gnome_print_pixbuf(pc, pbuf);
>
> But gnome_print_pixbuf() is gone in libgnomeprint-2.0.  I guess I have
> to use gnome_print_*image() instead.  Any pointers on how to convert?

Could I just put in a request that if you (or anybody else) have any
other points that need thinking about w.r.t porting
libgnomeprint*-dependent applications, could you drop me a line with
some details.

I have been wanting to put a section into the porting guide about what
needs to be done for porting printing applications, but since I did not
use the printing stuff in GNOME 1.x, I am particularly clueless in this
area. Even if you can just point out things like "printing images needs
porting", etc, that would enable me to at least put in some bullet
points.

Thanks,
Malcolm