Re: VTE

> I don't agree, because the Zvt i18n and terminal emulation and
> redrawing and fonts and on and on are thoroughly verified to be
> totally broken. Plus we have good verification that Zvt is
> unmaintained and has been for years.
I worked on that though you keep ignoring my patches,
actually MGT is a good terminal emulator apart from
utf8 support, i.e. internazionalization but it's not
a big work to fix that I think, by now I sent you guys my patches long
ago.
About zvt maintaining: is not Jacob Berkman actual zvt widget
maintainer? He answered to my posts to Gnome ML
and I thought he was the zvt maintainer...
so a maintainer exists, am I wrong?

> VTE has a clean design and fixing it is going to be a matter of
> one-line segfault cleanups and portability issues; easy stuff to get
> stabilized in the 2.2 timeframe. Fixing Zvt is a matter of rewriting
> big honking chunks of code that no one understands.
I have partially done this but I guess you hadn't look
at my work :(

> Fixing accessibility for VTE is clearly way, way, way, way easier than
> fixing Zvt's numerous problems. Accessibility is useless on an app
> that does not work to begin with.
really?

					regards Cristiano

--