Re: Opening files that start with %

"chen.shengqi" <chen shengqi connet com tw> writes:

> [...]
[...]
> > >No, it's a bug.
> >
> > Looks like a bug in gnome-vfs:

[rearranging a bit to retain the example]

> > GnomeVFSResult  result;
> > GnomeVFSFileInfo *info;
> >
> > result = gnome_vfs_get_file_info("%gconf.xml", info,
> >  (GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_GET_MIME_TYPE | GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_FOLLOW_LINKS));
> >
> > fails.  gnome_vfs_get_file_info() does two things:

> I didnot tested it, but I think if you write "%gconf.xml" as
> "\%gconf.xml" , maybe it can work, just put a '\' before '%'.

Shuldn't that be "%25gconf.xml"? According to the docs
gnome_vfs_get_file_info takes a URI and % is used for hex-escapes in a
URI. So it's not a bug in gnome-vfs but in the applications that don't
quote local filenames properly.

  Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/